Scoop Technologies is a carpooling app that pairs co-workers and neighbors so they can share their commute. I worked closely with Product, Data, Eng, and Customer Care to create a seamless user experience, nurture an inspired community, and support a sticky product.
- Lifecycle Communications – Develop lifecycle flow charts and determine best times and ways to tap users to take a specific action. This could be as straight forward as prompting someone to add a photo to their profile when they 5-star a route or as robust as building out a 28-touch (in the app, email, push/SMS) drip campaign designed to encourage users to get from 1 to 5 trips.
- Email Marketing – Responsible for all email marketing from HTML/CSS template building, to journey development, deep segmentation, messaging, metrics and reporting. Also worked closely with the B2B team to craft the Scoop message for employers to share Scoop within their employee network.
- New Market Launch – Built and executed on a multi-channel go-to-market comms strategy for when we opened new markets/routes.
- C2C Referral Campaigns – Ran experiments in the app and through communications to increase the number of times a referrer added more users to the platform, to get new users to refer their first time, and to get retained users to refer their first time.
- Weekly Growth Sprints – Was a key player in our weekly growth sprints, where our data analyst would surface a critical growth metric to impact, and one person from each team would come together to solve the problem and put the solution in motion.
- Creative Marketing Campaigns – Spearheaded our Dec 2016 holiday campaign to increase ridership during a traditionally low-usage month. Launched a Jan 2017 B2B campaign targeting onboarding new users via referral and increasing scheduling for Stanford Research Park. Implemented a March 2017 viral sharing campaign to increase referrals and WOM about Scoop.
Mixpanel, Appboy, Litmus, Autopilot, Periscope, Excel, Gleam.io
My startup clients:
500 Startups – Marketing Hell Week
I managed engagement, content, and analytics during the 500 Startups Batch week that founders are building their marketing toolkit.
- Social media management
- Email marketing
- Strategizing how to increase engagement
- Livestream moderating
- Online content distribution
- Analytics and reporting
Hootsuite, Wix, Mailchimp, Excel, Livestream, YouTube
Prynt – Photo-printing smartphone case
Analyzed and executed on paid acquisition strategies. Included upcoming product launch strategy, email marketing, and instrumenting analytics.
- Audited and optimized 20k/mo ad spend for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Adwords
- Tested and proved out the value of email capture for paid campaigns
- Collaborated with the VP of Growth & BD to develop initial gameplan for upcoming 6+ product launch
- Conducted an email audit to analyze past performance and offer recommendations for future testing and campaigns
- Built email journey roadmaps targeting activation, retention, and churn
Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Excel, Adespresso, Twitter Ads, Facebook Ads Manager, Adwords, Adobe Illustrator, Optimizely, Instapage
Rosali Tea: Curated tea subscription delivery
Rosali Tea is a tea subscription service funded by a successful kickstarter campaign. I worked with the founder to develop and execute on their launch strategy. Tactics included an email campaign, facebook ads, data scraping, influencer outreach, launching on Product Hunt, cold outreach, email list building, and audience building through Steepster and other tea community channels.
- Initial tripling in traffic to the website
- 20% increase in sales
- Mentions in 3 influential tea networks
- Brand presence on Steepster and Reddit
- Gained traction on Product Hunt (228 upvotes & 34 comments)
- Built and marketed a contest that grew the email list by 2550 in 5 days
- Developed a social media strategy leading up to and around date of launch
Mailchimp, Shopify, KingSumo, WordPress, Excel, Latergramme, WordPress, Google Analytics, Buffer
Barrel Backers : Crowdfunding platform for craft beer
Barrel Backers is a crowdfunding platform for craft beer lovers. I put together an audit to identify growth opportunities based on past marketing efforts and how they were using their current marketing tools, and prioritized next steps for quickest growth impact based on needs and existing resources.
Noble Brewer is a two-sided market that pairs award-winning home brewers with a professional brewery, then ships those microbrews to the beer club members. We faced the challenge of differentiating ourselves as a new beer club concept within a highly saturated and competitive craft beer market.
As the first marketing hire, I was responsible for company launch, marketing automation, and maintaining a strategic roadmap for growing subscribers and customers. Worked directly with the CEO to develop a growth-centric team culture.
All things marketing including SEO, SEM, content strategy, messaging and positioning, email marketing, C2C referral, community building, offline promotional events.
- Built email list from 200 to 20,000
- Road-mapped and executed company launch strategy (Read the tragic/not-so-tragic story here.)
- Managed marketing spend and uncovered a consistently
- performing unique paid acquisition channel
- Built and led teams for growth, product, and user research
- Increased organic traffic by 70% through blog optimization
- Increased memberships by 20% month over month
- Maintained less than a 1% membership churn through customer nurturing
- Trained and managed our Head of Community Engagement
Hubspot, Shopify, WordPress, Facebook Ads Manager, Adwords, Adwords Keyword Planner, Screaming Frog, Excel, Google Analytics, PersistIQ, Reddit Ads, Mouseflow, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
Seasons Productions is a videography company specializing in testimonial videos. I helped build a new website and focused on content marketing while optimizing paid/organic digital channels.
- Targeting relevant traffic through SEO and paid acquisition tripled conversions and sales
- Average visitor time-on-site increased from less than 30 seconds to 3.5 minutes
- Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram social media engagement improved by 300%
- Wrote compelling, keyword-rich content for the blog that increased organic traffic by 90%
- Youtube video optimization increased clickthrough traffic to website by 50%
Shopseen simplifies multi-channel selling for eCommerce.
- Brand development, positioning, & customer acquisition at an early-stage startup
- Developed and executed on content strategy for blog and landing pages
- Conducted user research interviews to prioritize product features
- Worked closely with Designer and Founder to build out website and website content